Saturday, June 02, 2007

Adopt A Turtle


Adopted a turtle today at Bodyshop KLCC. "It's a collaborative conservation effort between Department of Fisheries Malaysia (DoFM), Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT), The Body Shop, Media Prima and Aquaria KLCC to rehabilitate the endangered turtles and terrapins"
Named the turtle Pink Cumulonimbus. Hope it's a girl turtle,kalau tidak kesian dia kena kutuk dengan turtle turtle lain.
Pink C will be micro-chipped and released to the sea. The sales girl told me that I can monitor Pink C movement, whether he/ she travelled to Australia ke, Bangladesh ke....Untuk apa aku monitor movement dia , I have no clue but it sounded quite cool eh?
I was hoping to adopt a leatherback turtle, since I have actually seen one kat Terengganu dulu...tapi it's not available for adoption.
Actually I only wanted the tshirt je. I am a sucker for all this statement tshirt...tapi since it's for a good cause..
So congratulate me the next time you see me cause I am now a proud parent of a turtle..Does this means A*ir, A*if & Ak*if have a turtle as their sibling? Errrr???

No comments: